The Golden Corner Food Pantry started in 1985 (originally known as Golden Corner Ministries) as a centralized way of handling the emergency food needs for several churches (primarily Baptist and Presbyterian) and county service organizations.  The original location was in downtown Seneca, SC. We served an average of 95 families per month that year. As the Food Pantry grew, we moved to the old radio station building on Radio Station Road. By 2007, before the 2008 financial crisis, we were serving about 650 households per month.  In 2010 due to continuing increase in clients we raised funds and built a new building on Business Park Drive. We moved into the new facility in 2011 and changed our name to “Golden Corner Food Pantry” in recognition of our broader client base and our focus on providing emergency food supplies. Today we serve over 1350 households (over 3000 people) per month. 

The Old 2007

earlygcfp

The Idea 2009

history2

The New GCFP 2011

history3

Families Served Per Month

Copyright Golden Corner Food Pantry